Currently in the middle of a complete bathroom makeover? If so, every detail and aspect counts. Have you paid any attention to your shower yet? Are you familiar with semi-frameless shower door? At Dixie Shower Doors, we want to make sure your bathroom looks as luxurious as it could possibly be. We are proud to sell the finest semi frameless shower door. We are the best in Orlando.
Why Go Frameless?
When it comes to choosing a semi-frameless shower door for your bathroom, many benefits come with it. Here are some:
- Frameless shower doors can be customized
- Most frameless models are custom glass shower doors, which means you aren’t limited to mass-produced shower doors at a standard size. This adds more flexibility to your shower installation. Customization is one of the essential factors in purchasing a frameless shower door.
- Frameless glass shower doors look better
- A framed shower door tends to look bulky because the edges are covered in rubber, metal or some other form of a seal. A frameless shower door does not have those eyesore additions, giving the shower a clean, fresh look.
- It’s minimal. It’s pure glass. It’s almost like a fish tank, instead of having any heavy frame or gasketing that you see with semi-frameless or fully framed.
- If your room remodel includes a beautiful, intricate shower tile design, the frameless glass shower door can also help to showcase it.
- Frameless shower doors minimize mold risks
- A frameless shower door minimizes the number of places water can collect, and mold can grow in your shower. With a framed shower door, you run the risk of water build-up underneath the door’s seals, allowing mold and mildew to form. Frameless shower doors don’t have these dangerous areas. They also are easier to keep clean. It’s the easiest door and the easiest enclosure to clean. You only need a squeegee. You don’t scrub the glass. Once it’s wiped, it’s crystal clear again.
You Can Trust Our Semi Frameless Shower Door
There seems to be a bit of confusion when it comes to semi-frameless versus a frameless shower door. There is a fair amount of confusion when discussing the terms Semi-Frameless and Frameless shower enclosures. For example, we need to stop referring to our heavy glass enclosures as frameless when we install them with U-Channel as the customer is confused when they see the metal. Customers are also confused when we install a semi-frameless shower enclosure and they see metal around the entire enclosure.
A Framed shower enclosure is pretty simple to define. It has metal around the entire structure. This includes the door. A Semi Frameless shower enclosure also has metal around the entire structure but does not have metal around the entire door. Thus the term semi-frameless.
A Frameless shower enclosure is a little more difficult to define as it may have metal (u-channel) around the fixed panels and it may even have a header for safety/support reasons. In order to qualify as being frameless, the glass thickness must be 3/8” or 1/2″ and the door must be attached by hinges only – no metal around the door.
Now that you are aware of the difference between a semi frameless shower door and a completely frameless shower door, you can now make the perfect decision. We are here to make this process easy. Call or visit Dixie Shower Doors today for more information, Orlando.